Tuesday, January 11, 2022

Where I am, where we're going

One week ago, I quit my day job. For details, see the previous post, Courage Of My Convictions.

Full list of my titles:

 

Books and novellas – Lee Ann Sontheimer Murphy

            Upcoming 2022 from Evernight Publishing, By Any Other Name

Upcoming in 2022 from World Castle Publishing, Scrooge and Marlee,

Where Dreams Come True, January 2022 (World Castle Publishing) hardback, paperback, ebook

A Time For War, A Time For Peace, December 2021 (Evernight Publishing)

The Cowboy Gladiator, November 2021 (Evernight Publishing)

The Conjure Supper, October 2021 (Evernight Publishing)

A Cure For Love, May 2021 (Evernight Publishing)

 Still Waters Run Deeper October 2017 (Evernight)

            Canaan’s Land – World Castle Publishing (also paperback)

             Scarred Santa – Clean Reads

            Coal Black Blues – Evernight Slattery’s Sin – World Castle (also paperback)

             Barefoot Bride – Evernight

.           Cam’s Witness – World Castle Publishing (also paperback and hardback).

            Saving The Sin Eater – World Castle (also paperback)

            Third Time The Charm – Evernight

            Fire Rescue – Evernight

            Callahan’s Fate – Evernight

            Johnny Gator – Evernight      

Tidings of Comfort and Joy - Clean Reads.  

 Ronan’s Blood – Clean Reads

            Dion’s Desire – Evernight

            Carnival Glass – Evernight

            Gray’s Good Samaritan – Clean Reads

            Ryker’s Justice – Evernight

            The Comanche Vampire – Evernight

            Jove’s Passion – Evernight    

Quite The Catch – Evernight

            The School Teacher’s Scandal – Clean Reads

            Pink Neon Dreams – Evernight

            Devlin’s Grace – Evernight

            Quinn’s Deirdre – Evernight

            Byrd’s Desire – Evernight

            The Courtship of Ebenezer Scrooge – Clean Reads 

Stranger Danger – Evernight

            Cat’s Patient Heart – KDP

            Will’s Way – KDP

            The Widow’s End – Clean Reads      

Urban Renewal – Champagne Books

            Movie Star Magic – Evernight

            An Emerald Heart – Evernight

            Red In The Hood – Evernight

.           Marriage Cure and sequel What Fills The Heart – Clean Reads

            Love Tattoo – Evernight – first of a 4 part series

            Love Scars – book 2

            Love Knots – book 3

            Love Shadows – book 4

 A Time To Love – Champagne Books (also paperback)     

Kinfolk - Champagne Books (paperback)

Patrice Wayne historical romance titles – all Evernight Publishing

 A Desperate Destiny

 Dearest Love: Do You Remember

 The Aviator’s Angel

 Bette’s Soldier

Valley So Low

 

Twelve years ago, after many years writing, sometimes selling a short story or article or poem, I signed my first book contract for a novel called KINFOLK with Champagne Books. Later the same year I signed another for WOLFE’S LADY with a brand new publisher, Evernight Publishing. Wolfe’s became my first book but it’s far from my last.

 

Twelve years later, I’m still with Evernight and delighted to be an Evernight author.  I just had a new Romance On The Go title accepted and will sign the contract very soon. BY ANY OTHER NAME will be my 36th title with Evernight (30 as Lee Ann Sontheimer Murphy, 5 as Patrice Wayne my alter ego who writes historical romance).


 

I’m also published with World Castle Publishing and very delighted to be. I have six titles contracted with them, four of which are already out in the world, the fifth, WHERE DREAMS COME TRUE, now out in hardback and paperback, available for pre-order on Amazon, and the sixth yet to come, SCROOGE AND MARLEE.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09Q3LKBNF

 

I have other titles with both Clean Reads (formerly Astraea Press) and Champagne Books. Just today I learned that Clean Reads will close down over the next few months, giving me back the rights to seven of my titles. I'm sad to see an end - they were a good company but I will start thinking what to do with those manuscripts in the future.

For the little girl who penned her first novel in the back of a blue pressed cardboard binder on wide-line notebook paper when I was supposed to be engaged in the fifth grade, it’s still a wonder, marvel, and awesome delight.

For the young woman whose first publication was a poem in my hometown newspaper and whose early works in campus literary magazines at both Crowder College and Missouri Southern State University were a milestone, I’m still stoked about writing.

For the journalist who served on the staff of The Crowder College Sentry newspaper as both reporter and editor, then moved on to work for 7 years in broadcasting, then for several years as columnist, reporter, then editor for The Neosho Daily News and The Aurora Advertiser, it’s progress.

For the widow who until last week spent a few months putting on a headset and taking customer service/retention calls, it’s a relief.

I may not be on the New York Times or USA Today bestseller lists but my books are read throughout the USA and in Europe. I may not be famous enough to be on network programs but I have followers who like my work. I’m not rich but I make a few royalties from my work.

This was the dream, the longtime goal – to be an author and I’m here. 2022 is starting out with promise on the literary front and I’m happy about that.

It’s been a hell of a good ride and the journey continues, with me eagerly waiting to find out what’s around the bend or the corner.

Come along – as Dr. Suess once wrote, oh the places we’ll go!

 

No comments:

A family story to share

  Earlier this week, on April 15, I noted a family milestone and it had nothing to do with taxes. Thomas Jefferson Lewis, my great-grea...